Junior College Planning Checklist
Juniors! The time is almost here for you to embark on your next level of education. College is about a year and a half away, and it’s critical that you have a plan in place for a smooth transition. Below is a college planning checklist for things you should be doing in your junior year of high school.
Junior College Planning Checklist:
- Start studying for the SAT/ACT subject test and AP exams as soon as the year begins.
- Create a resume and update it throughout the year.
- Study hard! Watch your grade point average, and ask for help if you experience academic difficulties.
- Research colleges online and build your school list.
- Communicate with admissions officers at colleges on your list.
- Find out if any of the colleges you are interested in are visiting your area and consider attending those sessions.
- Visit prospective colleges during breaks.
- Identify teachers that will read your letters of recommendation.
- Continue reading.
- Sign up for and take SAT or ACT in the spring.
- Take the AP test in May for any AP course you are enrolled in.
- Plan a challenging senior year course load.
Leave a comment below letting me know what all you have completed or need to complete.